Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Ninth 9/11

Seven years ago, when I came home for lunch after classes, I looked at the calendar and checked the date: September 11. Ninang's (Filipino term for godmother) second death anniversary. As I was mulling over Ninang's death, Mama told me to watch the news because of a devastating event in the US.

A video clip showed two huge towers exploding and crumbling down. They replayed the clip and I saw a jet plunging into the towers, causing the explosion. I thought it was a very good exhibition. Yet afterwards I came to know that it was a terrorist attack. It was horrific seeing those falling debris, thinking there are people that might be falling as well. It was truly an agonizing tragedy for the whole world.

The world shared my pain. And I to the world.

Picture taken from 911Review.org

No comments:

Post a Comment