Saturday, October 4, 2008

Searching for Long Lost Friends

People come and go our lives and nothing stays the same. Wow, that’s a melodramatic beginning. Haha.

But it’s true. It’s sad when you can’t contact a long lost friend or colleague because he/she changed address or number or you just lost the connection. When I was in college, I didn’t understand the hype on social networking sites because I’m with everyone I know at the time. But when I graduated and worked already, I saw the significance of keeping in touch with long lost friends and classmates, even by just viewing their profiles on the web.

Still, social networking sites aren’t complete with information if you’re finding someone somewhere. It would be better if there’s a site with a huge database of all people wherein you can search contact details of just anyone. (Though that will also be a compromise on privacy and all that security mumbo jumbo.)

If only there’s a free people locator here in the Philippines just like in US and Canada, where you can type in a name and search for his/her contact details. Guess what, I just got a wacky idea and searched Bill Gates at LookupWho.com. It turned out more than 20 results in just a few seconds but I’m not sure if they’re all the same Bill Gates. Haha. Funny how the results gave out exact addresses and telephone numbers. Perhaps I can track Johnny Depp and any celebrity I want here. Only thing though is do celebrities put in their details under their own name? I don’t think so.

1 comment:

  1. hays... i couldn't agree more... i lost my HS and coll. friends contacts. and now i feel disconnected to them... are planning to stalk someone??? hehehe! peace out!

    thanks for dropping by :) i linked you up already :)

    ReplyDelete