Monday, November 20, 2006

(sour) friendships and (melted) chocolates

I've recently had my first fight with my best friend. Well, not necessarily fight because he didn't mind the whole thing; while I was crying rivers of tears from anguished infliction. He didn't know I was really serious when I said I'd want our friendship to end. I meant it.

It was all through SMS.

That's the problem with SMS, you don't know the tone and expression of the sender. It's for your own (mis)interpretation. That's what happened to us.

We were in the middle of a depressive conversation and he joked something about a topic I'm too sensitive about. Usually he's a corny joker (but I still laugh at his jokes XD) but this time the act was lousy, insulting even. The actual matter was that he was talking about something else, I was thinking of another thing. Disaster. To think it was too early in the morning for such arguments... 2AM. Chaos ensued.

Honestly speaking, I'm really emotional. Despite the logic I possess, nothing can justify the tears that well from the deep hurt in my heart. Haha. Sentimental nonsense to others but that's what I am. Perhaps that's why I love having a male best friend. He's the practical balance to my zany feelings.

So I can't imagine the ridiculous expression on my best friend's face when I lashed at him on SMS. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned." Haha.

Emotions ran high lasting till 4 in the morning. I didn't sleep well afterwards and I had to get up by 7AM for a training. The whole day I was not the usual abnormal self. All because of him.

To cut the story short, we're kinda ok now. We've still got to talk one-on-one by next week but we could now laugh it off.

I've realized whatever happens for both of us, we are bonded by a friendship rooted on laughter and tears, joy and sorrow, triumphs and failures. I can't throw all those ten years of memories. Neither can he.

More cheers! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment