Friday, August 15, 2008

When Gaming Becomes Deadly

Wow, this is simply astonishing. I'm a developer and I just realized, whoa, if I'm into games someone could even threaten my life! Hehe. Hope the users aren't going to proceed with killing the developer. Hey, it's a game. And hey, to err is human and to forgive is divine. ^^



I was just searching on why Puzzle Quest stops working on Vista when an article caught my eye: Puzzle Quest developer receives death threats NEWS.com.au

AN Australian video game developer has received death threats over a glitch in one of its puzzle games.

Infinite Interactive, based in Melbourne, received threatening emails from gamers frustrated by a battle malfunction in Puzzle Quest: Challenge Of The Warlords.

The game studio is not accustomed to death threats, chief executive officer Steven Fawkner said this week at Capcom's Captivate 08 event in Las Vegas.

"One death threat in 25 years of game development," he said.

"Puzzle Quest comes out and I had six death threats and one bomb threat." Read more...

No comments:

Post a Comment