Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Most Terrifying Food in the World

I was still contemplating if I will break my blog vacation today but then Tan sent me a link this morning on Cracked.com's 6 Most Terrifying Foods in the World. Now I have to blog.

I'm a Filipino and I'm proud to say that I ate (and will still be eating) Cracked.com's most terrifying food in the world ---- balut. Hooray! ^_^

Balut image from Cracked.com

Among the listed terrifying foods, perhaps I can try escamoles and pancha (but not with that horrifying head). Other than those two, no thanks. Let's call it quits then?

I just think the article is funny, no offense on my part. There will always be individual differences, not just in the world but in our country, our offices, our families. So it's not surprising that most people in the world find balut revolting.

But I think a hamburger is more contaminated than balut. Balut just looks gross but who really knows what they eat, right?

Note: Balut is said to be an aphrodisiac. However, don't eat lots of balut or you'll end up in bed with high blood pressure rather than with your partner.

1 comment:

  1. It's really a culture thing foreigners will NEVER understand.

    Good thing unlike them, we can always adopt.

    BALUUUUUUUUUUUUT!

    ReplyDelete